The design consultancy has selected products from 12 companies, due to exhibit at next week’s sister trade shows Exclusively Housewares and Exclusively Electrical, that it predicts will be in vogue next year.
Scarlet Opus has chosen the theme of ‘the Urban Planet’ to describe its choices. It said the trend is ‘inspired, and very much influenced, by our fascination with space, the ever-increasing exploration of other planets, and the desire to find new places for humans to live.
“The translation of this trend is however, not at all ‘science fiction’ or ‘spacey’; in look; it is very sophisticated, realistic, natural and oddly, down to earth.’
The products are:
- NSA – Wine Opener
- Sistema – Laundry Basket in grey
- Amefa – Midnight cutlery range
- Le Creuset – Cotton + Flint cast iron
- Lavazza – Jolie Plus coffee machine in gunmetal grey
- Premier Housewares – Vertex range
- LSA International – 1 x Pearl vase and 1 x Pearl champagne saucers
- Haus – Bredemeijer Glass Tea Pot
- Kuhn Rikon – Monument Hotpan Concrete Collection
- Haus – Nuance Thermos Jugs
- My Gift Trade – Oscar Francis, City Print Range
- Benross Marketing – Mill Heat
All the products will be identified on their exhibitors’ stands by ‘On Trend Spring/Summer 2018’ signage. They will also be pulled together in an ‘On Trend’ display to give visitors an overview.
Owned and organised by Brooke House Exhibitions, which is part of BHETA (British Home Enhancement Trade Association), Exclusively Housewares and Exclusively Electrical take place next Tuesday (June 13) and Wednesday (June 14) at the Business Design Centre in London.