Lakeland has announced its flagship Windermere store has re-opened, as well as 28 others across the UK with comprehensive safety measures and social distancing in place to protect customers and colleagues.
Lakeland has reviewed and updated every aspect of the way its stores operate, with extensive social distancing and safety measures in place to keep colleagues and customers safe, including:
- Capped number of customers allowed into stores at any one time
- Floor markers to indicate 2m distancing
- Hand sanitising stations for the use of colleagues and customers
- Enhanced cleaning regimes across all stores
- All colleagues have been provided with personal safety equipment including face visors, face masks, gloves and hand sanitiser
- All colleagues are also wearing social distancing badges to remind customers of the 2m distance.
Neil Piggot, Lakeland’s retail director, said: “With extensive safety measures in place, we are thrilled to have re-opened our Windermere and other 28 stores across the UK . The Retail Teams are looking forward to welcoming more customers back into store, and we’ll continue to follow all government advice to ensure the health and safety of our colleagues and customers.
“As we’ve all been spending more time at home recently, we’ve been cooking, baking and cleaning more than ever before and our knowledgeable team are looking forward to helping customers with even more advice and ideas.”