BHETA (British Home Enhancement Trade Association) has teamed up with fellow trade associations Gardenex (Federation of Garden & Leisure Manufacturers) and PetQuip (International Trade Association of Pet Equipment Suppliers) to organise the day-long event, which will take place on March 12 at the Stratford Manor Hotel in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire.
Targeted at companies in the home enhancement, garden and leisure and pet product sectors, the conference aims to inspire current and future exporters.
The speakers and the themes of their presentations are:
- John Arnold, managing director of Northern & Universal – UK government lobbying
- Tim Hiscock, export development and international trade advisor at Strong & Herd – Export procedures and compliance
- Ivo Darnley investment director at Rathbones – Worldwide economic forecast
- Dechert Solicitors – The legalities of international trade for businesses
- Stefano Botter, senior analyst at Euromonitor International – Retail megatrends
- Sarah Carroll – Driving international growth via digital channels
Four successful exporters will also share their stories:
- Stephen Turner, managing director of Group55
- Brett Russell, regional sales manager of Middle East & Asia at Spear & Jackson
- Joe Denham, chief executive officer of VegTrug
- Tony Grimshaw OBE, director of What More UK
In addition, experts in all aspects of exporting will be on hand in the ‘Ask the Expert Zone’ throughout the day to answer questions on international trading. The Zone takes the form of an informal meeting area at the conference for one-to-one chats.
Among trade service providers taking part are Velta Freight, The Translation People, Strong & Herd, Infinity Blue Marketplaces and GovGrant. There will also be representatives from the Department for International Trade and trade exhibitions Ambiente and Glee.
BHETA executive director Will Jones said: “We have a varied and stimulating agenda comprising an array of top-level speakers and export experts which will help UK companies to develop and expand international sales in the future.
“This is a great joint initiative, which will be inspirational and informative for all. Overseas expansion is a key opportunity for many businesses, and anyone looking to maximise their return from export should put March 12 in their diary.”
Senior personnel from UK brands including Smart Garden, Burgon & Ball, Ames Companies UK, Fothergills Seeds, Burgess Pet Care, Interpet, Charles Bentley, Dexam, Rollins, Creative Tops, Trend Machinery, Rosewood Pet Products, Nutriment and Concept Research, have already confirmed their attendance.
Places can be reserved by contacting any of the organisers. Contact BHETA on 0121 237 1130, email@example.com or www.bheta.co.uk; Gardenex or PetQuip on 01959 565995; firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or www.gardenex.com.
Members of BHETA, CHA, Gardenex or PetQuip can secure a preferential delegate rate of £69 (plus VAT) per person. The event is also open to non-members at £149 (plus VAT) per person.