Dobbies Garden Centres Group has filed the Annual Report for the 52 weeks to 27 February 2022.
Points raised include:
- Total sales increased by 36% to £304m
- Dobbies’ underlying EBITDA increased to £45.6m, with strong retail sales being offset by restaurant trading (affected by Covid-19 restrictions)
- Operating Profit for 2022 was £21,8m.
- £32.6million of Finance Costs led to a pre-tax loss of -£8.6m (improved on last years -£13m loss)
- Acquisition of Johnsons Garden Centre, Boston
- Continued roll-out of little dobbies – three new stores in Chiswick, Richmond and Westbourne Grove
- New digital platform launched
Chairman, Andrew Bracey, said: “Dobbies has continued to demonstrate resilience and progress throughout a challenging period. We remain confident in the underlying strength of the business”.
Chief executive officer, Graeme Jenkins, added: “During FY22 Dobbies delivered excellent performance through a period of significant change and I would like to thank all of our team members for their continued support and commitment. As we navigate challenging and unpredictable trading conditions throughout FY23, we remain focused on delivering great value.”