For print books, recipe books lead the way. The online retailer said: ‘In 2017, more cooks were added to kitchens across the UK as the majority of the top 10 print books sold on Amazon.co.uk were about healthy eating, with Jamie Oliver, Joe Wicks, Tom Kerridge, Mary Berry and Michael Mosley dominating the chart.’
The top 10 best-selling print books of 2017 are:
- ‘5 Ingredients- Quick & Easy Food’ by Jamie Oliver
- ‘Sapiens’ by Yuval Noah Harari
- ‘Lean in 15 – The Shift Plan’ by Joe Wicks
- ‘Tom Kerridge’s Dopamine Diet’ by Tom Kerridge
- ‘Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls’ by ‘Elena Favilli
- ‘Cooking For Family And Friends’ by Joe Wicks
- ‘The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet’ by Michael Mosley
- ‘The Clever Guts Diet’ by Michael Mosley
- ‘The World’s Worst Children’ by David Walliams
- ‘Mary Berry Everyday’ by Mary Berry
For best-selling housewares products, Amazon.co.uk commented: “Due to the unusually warm weather this year, worktop fans have been making their way into kitchens across the country, with two versions edging into the top 10 kitchen items of the year.
“Brits have been saving their lunch money and whipping up a storm at home throughout 2017 as personal blenders – perfect for smoothies and soups on the go – flew off the shelves, with some popular products such as the Ninja Nutri Pro Complete Personal Blender seeing an uplift of over 700% year-on-year.’
For electricals, instant picture cameras, including the Instax Mini 9, edged ahead of their digital counterparts to reach the top of the camera charts.
According to Amazon.co.uk, Ultra-High-Definition (4K) is now a ‘must-have’ in big-screen TVs with the three most popular models, including the LG 43 inch Ultra HD TV, featuring 4k display as standard.
Voice activation has continued to grow in popularity throughout 2017 too, in smartphones, speakers and TV. The Wileyfox Swift 2 X with Echo Dot Bundle and SONOS PLAY:1 Smart Wireless Speaker were two of the most popular voice controlled smart home options.
When it comes to ‘pantry’ products, bottled water is the most popular item this year, with mineral waters making up four out of the top 10 products.
Brits have also been taking cleaning seriously in 2017, the retailer said, with Domestos Extended Germ-Kill Original Bleach the best-selling pantry item of the year, up 212% on last year.
And Coca-Cola still reigns supreme as the most ordered drink in 2017, with Capri Sun the most popular non-carbonated drink.
The overall top 10 best-selling products of 2017 are:
- Fire TV Stick
- Amazon Echo Dot
- Silentnight Deep Sleep Pillow
- ÷ Deluxe album CD by Ed Sheeran
- Waterwipes Super Value Box
- ‘5 Ingredients – Quick & Easy Food’ by Jamie Oliver
- Oral-B Pro 2500 Black Crossaction Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- Tassimo Costa Americano Discs
- Activated Charcoal Natural Teeth Whitening Powder by Pro Teeth Whitening Co.
- Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar