Housewares retailers from Mexico, Finland, Brazil, Belgium and Japan have been named as Global Honorees in the annual Global Innovator Awards run by the International Housewares Assocation.
In the latest of our special reports from Chicago’s Home + Housewares Show – also organised by the IHA – HousewaresLive.net can reveal that the honorees are:
· La Boutique Palacio, Mexico: a lifestyle store which offers clothing and accessories as well as its homewares range;
· Loviisan Aitta, Finland: a home interiors shop with the emphasis on novelties and environmental factors, and with an interior design service as part of its offer;
· Marli Trentin, Brazil: a trend-driven cookshop with a three-point philosophy – excellent service, differentiated product offer and welcoming atmosphere;
· Kookhuys Mafrans, Belgium: a specilist cookshop which allows customers to test products at themed cooking “islands” around the store;
· Aoyama Francfranc, Japan: a lifestyle retailer selling furniture and accessories to “people with youthful minds”.
Bristol-based Kitchens, this year’s UK winner, was among 18 other national winners which did not make it to Global Honoree status. The other national winners were:
Reina Batata, Argentina; Outdoors on Parade, Australia; Berndorf-besteck, Austria; Cookworks, Canada; Longda Bone China, China; TOC, France; Dodenhof Posthausen, Germany; Gasparetto, Italy; Cook & Co, Netherlands; Loft Design Store & Gallery, New Zealand; Agata Meble, Poland; The World of Cookware, Russia; Presenthornan, Sweden; Manor, Switzerland; Tantitoni, Turkey; Draeger’s Markets, USA; and QHome, Vietnam.