An electric travel kettle sold by Boots has been withdrawn because users can get an electric shock from it.

Boots kettle poses electric shock risk

An electric travel kettle sold by Boots has been withdrawn because users can get an electric shock from it.

Boots kettle poses electric shock risk

Under certain conditions the switch can develop a fault, allowing the kettle to boil for longer than required. Moisture can then enter the area of the handle at the rear of the steam thermostat, which may cause arcing.

The white plastic kettle is item number 59-03-718 and has the bar code 50-45095-90371-718. It is made in China.

The kettle has been voluntarily withdrawn from the market and a consumer recall has been issued.

Consumers who bought the kettle are advised to get in touch with the place it was purchased to find out what to do next.

Check Also

Dunelm launches in-store textile recycling scheme as part of commitment to sustainability

Homewares retailer Dunelm has rolled out out a textile recycling scheme in 10 of its …