Trend forecasting consultancy Scarlet Opus has highlighted a selection of products, due to be exhibited at the forthcoming sister trade shows Exclusively Housewares and Exclusively Electrical, that it predicts will be hot news for Christmas.
The consultancy has chosen the theme of ‘Homeland’ for its festive options.
Scarlet Opus commented: ‘From 2014 through to 2018, we‘ve seen First World War centenary commemorations internationally. In part, this has driven the emergence of design and material trends for the home.
‘This trend is entrenched in history and yet very much in-tune with modern lifestyles. It has a sense of ‘edited-down order’ with a deep desire for the comfort and reassurance that comes from a strong connection with nature. It’s a new take on the simplicity of utilitarian design.’
The products are:
- Denby – Studio Craft range
- Villeroy & Boch – Smoked Glass range
- Brewed by Hand – Olive Wood & Glass pour over
- World Kitchen – Tranquil Reflection tableware, Corelle range
- Welsh Slateware – Honed range items
- My Gift Trade – Woodland Trust, Woodland Textile range
- ZAK Designs – Osmos Collection
- Tradestock – Christmas Home Range
- Le Creuset – Flint & Satin Black Cast Iron
All the products will be identified on their exhibitors’ stands by ‘On Trend Christmas 2017’ signage. They will also be pulled together in an ‘On Trend’ display to give visitors an overview
Owned and organised by Brooke House Exhibitions, which is part of BHETA (British Home Enhancement Trade Association), Exclusively Housewares and Exclusively Electrical take place next Tuesday (June 13) and Wednesday (June 14) at the Business Design Centre in London.